Terms & conditions for purchase of online courses
These terms and conditions apply to the use of the openingthebooktraining.com and openingthebook.com websites. By placing an order with us, you are agreeing to accept these terms and conditions. If you do not agree with the terms and conditions set out here, you should not use this website. Please note, these terms and conditions can change at any time so please check before ordering products in case there are any changes.
You warrant that all details you provide to www.openingthebook.com for the purpose of ordering or purchasing goods are true, accurate, current and complete in all respects.
You agree that e-mail can be used as a means of communication.
Opening the Book Ltd reserves the right to end our agreement with you and to suspend or terminate your access to the site immediately and without notice to you if:
- you fail to make payment to us when due
- you breach any of our terms and conditions
- when requested by us to do so, you fail to provide within a reasonable time frame, enough information to let us to check the accuracy and validity of any information supplied by you, or your identity
- we suspect you have engaged, or are about to engage, or have a way of being involved in fraudulent or illegal activity on the course website
- You agree that if you break these Conditions, or any liabilities are incurred arising out of your use of this website, you will be responsible for the costs and expenses that we or our officers, directors, employees, agents and suppliers incur as a result of the breach, including reasonable legal fees (if applicable). You will remain liable if someone else uses your account and/or personal information unless you can prove that such use was fraudulent.
Once you have paid, the customer account holder will be sent log in details and password. Payments will not be refunded except in case of error in administration. If a payment has been made in error, please contact email@example.com, refunds are at the discretion of Opening the Book.
Number of places
You agree to buy the number of learner places specified on your invoice.
There is no time limit on when these places are activated within 1 year of payment but once you enter an individual’s details online that place is deemed to have been used and cannot be transferred to anyone else. Entering an individual’s details will automatically generate their login and password.
Only mentors trained and approved by Opening the Book can mentor other learners on our courses.
You are granted unlimited access to the products you have purchased and these are available 24/7/365 except for scheduled maintenance and repairs or interruption of service beyond our control. We aim for 99.9% uptime but this cannot be guaranteed.
We reserve the right to terminate without notice anyone found to be sharing login details and passwords outside the packages paid for. If Opening the Book terminates your account, you do not have the right to use the material purchased from us.
You are responsible for ensuring any computer you use to access the course complies with the technical requirements specified by Opening the Book.
Technical and content support is available by email and, if needed, by phone. We guarantee to respond to technical issues within 2 working days of notification in UK time and content issues within 3 working days of notification in UK time.
You agree to respect that the intellectual copyright of the course content (text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data) belongs to Opening the Book.
You agree not to circulate the free print materials downloadable from the course website to libraries or others outside of your own purchasing organisation.
You agree not to use or quote material from the course site in articles, presentations or any other form without permission from Opening the Book and acknowledgement of its origin and authors.