Here are some of the debates raised during the regional sessions in 2004 that you might find interesting.
- How should SQHC be connected to community profiles?
- Should stock size per head be fed into SQHC?
- How should issues and range be balanced?
- Should scoring be based on averages?
- Are authorities with larger book budgets at an advantage?
- Does the sample size strike the right balance between having enough titles to be representative and the time taken to check them?
- How should reserve stocks be treated?
- If stock is in reserve and uncatalogued is it really available to readers?
- How should live stock and stack stock be balanced?
- Should the public be involved in selection?
- Is there a point where you can have too many of the 40 top titles last quarter?
- What is the impact of automating stock editing?
- How should we measure the impact of stock circulation?